Social Support Malpas
Malpa means friend/helper in Pintupi
Moving to Alice Springs because your kidneys are failing is often a traumatic experience.
Far away from your family and country, feeling sick and confused and having to negotiate the health care system presents many challenges.
Our Social Support ‘Malpas’ act as friends for people from the Western Desert and Tanami regions of the Northern Territory and Western Australia.
We can help with
- Looking at accommodation options
- Sorting out your Centrelink/carers benefits
- Accessing emergency relief
- Advocating on your behalf
- Assistance with transport to attend appointments
- Social activities such as ;
- Bush medicine making
- Bush picnics and outings
- Art activities
- Hospital visiting